Its no secret that I love to experiment in the kitchen. I love how simple ingredients can come together to create something yummy, cookies are definitely one of those edible things you can make in so many ways, perfect for any occasion.
This weekend I had two little helpers :) my 7 and 3 year old..
Here is the recipe we used ....
- 1 Cup butter, softened
- 1 Cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups plain flour
Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a bowl mix cream butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in extracts and egg.
- In a separate bowl combine baking powder with flour and add a little at a time to the wet ingredients. The dough will be very stiff. If it becomes too stiff for your mixer turn out the dough onto a worktop.
- DO NOT CHILL THE DOUGH. Divide into workable batches, roll out onto a floured surface and cut. You want these cookies to be on the thicker side.
- Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet until firm enough to transfer to a cooling rac.
We used a simple icing sugar frosting, which we coloured in pink (well what other colour would we use ?? ;)