Monday 30 June 2014

Ramadan Gift Baskets ....







Ramadan Mubarak to you all :)

 One of the things I wanted to accomplish this Ramadan was starting a few traditions in our home, getting the girls excited about Ramadan the meaning and a better understanding of the reason Why this month is so special to Muslims.

When I did a search on Pinterest  (because where else do you go when you need some creative inspiration?) I found these awesome Gift Baskets and  i knew I wanted to re-create those for my girls too :)

The contents of each baskets where very similar I just changed the colours up to suit each of my daughters, the older 2 (12,10) had exactly the same and the younger 2 (7,3) had very similar also..




Contents ~ Younger age basket 


  • Ramadan Activity set by the Muslim Sticker Company 
  • Art Journal
  • Colours
  • Stickers
  • Bubbles
  • Paper lantern (to decorate and hang)
  • Paper Garland (to colour and hang) Ramadan Joy
  • Prayer Beads ~ Check out my simple DIY 
  • I also found a Black soap holder , which I thought they could decorate to look like the Kabba
  • Embriodery hoop and fabric 






Contents ~ Older Age Basket 





  • Ramadan Fasting Chart set by the Muslim Sticker Company 
  • Art Journal
  • Water Colours
  • Stickers
  • Bubbles
  • Paper lantern (to decorate and hang)
  • Paper Garland (to colour and hang) Ramadan Joy
  • Prayer Beads ~ Check out my simple DIY 
  • I also found a Black soap holder , which I thought they could decorate to look like the Kabba
  • Embriodery hoop and fabric 

My girls loved them !!! I definitely think these will be a new tradition and I am looking forward to creating with them this Ramadan whilst we discuss what Ramadan means to us ..





No comments:

Post a Comment